Friday, September 3, 2010

Wonderfully eager hospitality

So as I mentioned earlier, I was/ am exhausted after my trip. So I lay down and sleep for three solid hours before I get a phone call:

"Hello?"
"Hello, Mr. Taylor. Are you ok?"
"Yes, thank you."
"Alright."

Then he hangs up!

An hour later I get another call.

"Yes?"
"Hello, Mr. Taylor. Are you alright?"
"Yes, very much so. Why do you ask?"
"Well, we were just concerned that you had not asked for any of our services yet. We hope you are well."

So I then had to explain my lack of sleep, I am now dreading/ eagerly awaiting the next phone call as they disrupt my much needed sleep but are beyond entertaining to receive. I love the kindness of the Ugandan people already!

Now for my first meal in Uganda... I can't wait!

-Mzungu still in the AVH and only a little less tired thanks to hospitality that goes above and beyond.

1 comment:

  1. Chasey bear, what I really want to know is what "services" your hotel offers? Glad to hear you've arrived and I look forward to chatting with you at some point in the near future!

    ReplyDelete